Thursday 27 December 2007

"Can get no satisfaction"

I am not too crazy about the Rolling Stones, except for a few hits...

One of them is "Jumping Jack Flash, Angie and I can get no satisfaction..."

I used to love the Rolling Stones but when I heard that Mick Jagger fucked his mistress's 13 years old, I kind of retracted...

I simply can't hear the motherfucker sing the same way anymore...I guess you can say am not terribly objective.

I never understood what objectivity really means. I know about empathy and walking in the other person's shoes (within limits) but not about objectivity...

Why am I saying all of that ? That seems to be one hell of an introduction for something, no ?

Yesterday, for some odd reason, I was going through all the people I knew or came across...my feeble way of connecting with them even though, I am not sure if they are still alive or simply dead...

For some odd reason, B. came to mind and stayed stuck there for a while.
B. was my mother's friend. I have no idea what happened to her. I don't know if she is alive or gone...

But B. was around last night in my head.

When I first met her, I was only 20 or something, She was my mother's age, about 20 years older + and never married. She finally married.

I remember a conversation between her and my mom which I just happened to overhear...

She told my mom she was still a virgin at age 40+ and she was a little "worried" on how "the whole thing" will "proceed."

I was over 20 years younger and thought to myself then, fuck it, she needs surgery.
It was like an intuitive knowledge I had about female anatomy.

I mean how on earth will she make "it" being a virgin at 40+?

Indeed, my hunch proved to be correct, B. had to have surgery at some point, the hymen thickened into a wall and her husband could not get through...

Mind you had B. lost "it" before, she would have no guarantees for marriage...

So it did pay off, after surgery of course...

"Doc, my hymen has become a thick wall, I am pure..."
"Yes, I understand, bless you for remaining pure" says the Doc.

Of course the macho shits who read this blog, will praise B. and congratulate her.

Of course the macho shits who read this blog, would have already bonked a few women by their 40's so their male hymen/virginity is not an issue for discussion.

After all, men, so we are told "have unbridled desires they can't control, and there are women specially tailored for that."

If any of you wonder where the Madonna/Whore dichotomy took root, you need to go no further, just ask your men and their mothers...

Anyways, to cut a long story short, B. married after a visit to the surgeon, who made it all possible...

Then unfortunately for her, her husband died early on, and after 4 years of marriage she moved quickly from the status of unmarried virgin to widow.

Of course, I never asked B. what her sexual/sentimental life was all about...

I figured she had no enough grief to go through...

I do ask myself, though, why am I recalling B. today...I think it has to do with meeting S.

S. is a smart, educated, woman in her 60's, also a widow.

I said jokingly to her "you should get married or find yourself a nice boyfriend."

S.at 60+ was all flustered, her face blushed and she replied.

"Never, one man was enough"

I pushed a little further "Auntie S, you don't have to marry, but clearly you are an intelligent, attractive, educated woman, why not have a companion...you know, concerts, restaurants, the movies,....etc."

Auntie S. blushed even more and said "What will people think?"

I wanted to shout, for fuck's sake, what do you care, you are hitting 70, what do you care what people think-- but I stopped myself- for objective reasons.

I reframed my thoughts and said. "You know Auntie S, it does not have to be "that", you can always find a companion for restaurants, movies, theaters, concerts...all the stuff you love doing and have stopped doing since your husband died..."

Auntie S. in the most innocent of faces responded "What if he wants something more or something else, what will people say ?"

Of course, I wanted to shout, if he wants anything else you can alway send him to hell, and I really wanted to add at 70, assuming he is, he would not want much but hold hands...

Yeah, libido does leave us eventually...it even leaves macho men. Thank God.

But Auntie S. would not have any of it. She was brought up to believe that men wanted only one thing...does not matter if they were 20 or 70...all they wanted was sex. And she was genuinely worried about what people would say, should she be seen with some man in his late 60's...

What a fucking sobering thought!

Now again, am assuming you are terribly intelligent, which of course is not the case,
I want you to extrapolate to today's women, young and maybe not so young...

If the above is the overriding belief system handed over, what will the present one be like?

Arab men still hold that precious little virginity, that little madonna/whore dichotomy so close to their inexistent hearts....so who can blame the aunties B. and S. of this world?

I did say inexistent hearts...Arab men even the most "enlightened" will feign some sort of understanding, but deep down they will never accept that someone else touched their "propriety" before. They will remain obsessed with the fact that their fields have been penetrated by someone else...Bottom line. No need to look any further...

Of course, a lot of them will deny that, will circumvent it, or will babble something you like to hear...Bullshit. It's all bullshit,.

Arab men are the best protagonists of double standards.

When it comes to their little satisfactions, all is permissible, all is ok, all is halal. God has a special place reserved for them.

They can do what they want and whichever way they want it and they will come along and bullshit you with some cock and bull story. What they are really saying is that "Am allowed and you are not"

And if you are allowed it is only with me...But then, please do refuse me too, so you can prove to me how faithful and virtuous you are...hold it until marriage line...

Get it now?

A lot of men are this way, but they say it not, and only a few women understood that...Ask the B.'s and the S.'s


Of course, I can elaborate even more, I can write chapters and stories, I can also write books and novels....

But suffice to say....only men are allowed real satisfaction and women can sing along with the Rolling Stones -- Can get no...