Thursday 19 March 2009

Critiques...

Not a good idea to check your mail before going to sleep...

I have not logged on all day, thought "I'll just check my mail...". Wrong. Bad, bad move.

And I received today, "Hey, did you see what so and so said about your writing?" " I saw your post on such and such website, check the comments..." so on and so forth...

And naturally since one, at least I am, inquisitive by nature, I did go and read...which is a rare occurrence, because as a rule of thumb I make it a point to avoid reading whatever is said about my writings and/or me.

Yawns and yawns so more.

Frankly, if I am to take into consideration every single critique that addresses me....
If I am to take into account every single "demand" and "request" from every single reader that comes across my blog...

I will then have to stop writing. Simply put. Can't please everyone here. And am not your Geisha blogger either.

So, moral of the story in one wise sentence I heard some time ago...

Opinions are like assholes - everybody's got one.

Good night.