Friday 6 November 2009

Corrupt...

Corruption for me is like the state of Rot. Being corrupt is being rotten. Rot starts slowly, and then erodes the whole self...I've come face to face with Corruption and Corrupt people...there are plenty of them around. Maybe they don't even realize how corrupt they are. How spiritually bankrupt they've become. Or maybe they do...I will never find out. I just see their Corruption staring me in the face.
From the grocery store to the director general...
The rot starts with a lie, with the intention of deceptiveness...and it grows, and takes on a life by itself...
It starts small, a white lie, a "clever" move to outsmart and acquire a small gain, probably something most pathetic...and it grows and grows...and overtakes the whole person...

The facade, the outer veneer is kept well polished...with the culture of Piety...religion has not touched beyond the first layer of the skin. It has remained on the epidermis...and will remain that way, until each and everyone starts getting honest with themselves.

But being so far down the tunnel of Corruption...I don't see how this can ever happen.