Friday 17 October 2008

Tango El Caramel


Tango El Caramel - Khaled Mouzanar



The song from the movie Caramel by N.Labaki. I did mention before that I really liked this film. It is charming, smooth, heart warming and tender...Exactly what I need in my life.

And I love this piece of music, with some Arabic notes discreetly, delicately, embroidered, fused in between the tunes. Making their presence felt...Ever so powerfully...

Spent some time with R. R.is kind and gives me space. A healing space. A space where I am allowed to trip in my tango steps. And R. keeps on reminding me that even though I may be out of step at times, they are still caramelized. What sweetness.

Sweetness as a healing touch...

I remember reading somewhere that when your baby has an upset stomach, you just give him/her some sugar stirred in warm water...that will calm the spasms of colic pain. And this is exactly what I had for a few days, sweetened water. Not too much, not too little, just the exact amount I needed...

Even though I have no sweet tooth, this caramelized feeling is not leaving me...
Thought I'd share it with you through this short melody.