Wednesday 1 April 2009

Finding a Place...


I walked today for what seemed to be an eternity...I walked and walked and walked...for well over 3 hours, until I could no longer feel my legs...

I stopped by a cafe and had not one but two arabic coffees scented with cardamon...

They were playing loud Arabic songs, nice ones, actually...And they played this one.

I stared through the cafe's window, it just overlooked an abandoned parking lot...and the lyrics kept repeating themselves in my head...

I will not translate all of them, but just a few lines...

"Take me with you...
and let me dream...
you've come at a time,
a no ordinary time,
promising me safety...
find me,
find me a place
where we can forget about time
and sing..."






Song : Take me with you by Fadel Shaker and Yara.
Painting : Iraq artist, Jaber Alwan.