Saturday 23 January 2010

Something to Spit...

One thing I like about REAL French songs, is that they always have something to spit, a message "à cracher".

I come from Iraq, I need not spit, I need to vomit...vomit it out...but spitting it out is good too...

Those who spit it out or vomit it out, have nothing more to hide...the stuff is out there, for you to deal with...

It is a bit like writing. I once met a Frenchman on a train ride, that was years back. We started chatting and I asked him what he did for a living. He said he was a writer...

I was impressed...I was younger then and things impressed me easily. And because I had always nursed that secret wish of becoming one myself...I probed with the aim of gaining insight, gaining knowledge as to what does it take to become one...

 I asked him - "What does it take to become one? "

The train shook through  dark tunnels, and I listened attentively to his reply...

"It does not take anything...you just spit it out at first, then you lay your egg. What people do with it is no longer your problem..."

What he meant was you just do it, present it, spit it, vomit it and the rest is no longer yours...

I like that...I like that very much.