Sunday 18 April 2010

"Smelling" People...

Bit and pieces from a conversation with a friend of mine yesterday....we were talking about what else --but "relationships" and my friend asked me -- how come you're not married again ?

I just blurted out - unconsciously so, maybe so - I smell people...that doesn't help...

My friend had this startled look, and repeated -- You smell people ?

I was obviously  caught off guard...no backtracking here.

I casually replied with a " yes I do" as if that is the most natural thing on earth...well it is the most natural thing on earth....isn't it ?

Seeing my friend's confusion, I explained what I meant...

" I feel a person the minute I see him/her. I get in trouble when I brush off this feeling....I can tell within splits of seconds by looking at their face, and from the tone of their voice, what kind of person is in front of me...I feel their energies, their vibes if you like...and I don't want to scare you, but sometimes I can also tell what they secretly think, what their intentions are...I pick on their non verbal cues like a radar -- in short I smell them.."

I added - so to reply to your question - why I have not remarried yet -- I am flabbergasted by the amount of lies people can tell themselves and others...and since most men lie, profusely so, they get caught in no time...and I have no inclination to live with a liar...none whatsoever. I don't feel the need to ...

So my friend said - but all men are liars, we are bastards Layla...this is the way we are made...

- No, this is not the way you are made -- this is the way you have become. You as a male gender failed to heed the call...the prophet Mohamed peace and blessings upon him said " the ones who cheats and the one who lies is not one of us..." and he also said " when you introduce me to a person, do not give me any information about this person beforehand." and this is where I went wrong in the past...
I cheated and lied to myself...I never fully accepted that gift that was presented to me, ever since I was a child, that of knowing a person without knowing anything about them...I never accepted the fact that I could smell people...so does that answer your question ?

My friend nodded...he seemed to understand....after all I did say it was a natural thing...did I not ?