Saturday 8 August 2009

Miscellaneous Ramblings...

I. Matter.

I have a major problem with Matter. Actually it's my Keyboard. Keyboard is matter, no?
The alphabet is getting unglued. So, I need to find other means to type certain letters. For instance the A does not exist anymore. There's just an empty space where the A used to be, covered with a tiny bit of rubber which I tried gluing over and over again. So I needed to devise a way by which the A comes out on the screen. I took a pin and every time I need to type A, I use the pin instead of my finger. Someone suggested I get a new keyboard. Not an option. This means I will have to change my whole computer, which is unthinkable for now. When the pin fails, I need to use my finger and press at a certain angle of the leftover bit of rubber. It is a meticulous process...
This is to tell you that writing has become very difficult due to "material constraints".
Which brings me to think of Matter. I am not against Matter. Matter exists in nature and you and I are made of it. Without it, we would not be here. Matter is not the anti-thesis of Spirit. Matter is the lieu where Spirit manifests itself.

Nature, the body, the home, the bed, the kitchen, the work place, the pen and the paper, the keyboard...are all a lieu where Spirit visits.

In my case, I need to use a pin to make the visit complete, even though my fingers are blistered from too much pressing...


II. Iraq - the Concept.

will be continued later...