Wednesday 16 March 2011

Crazy...

Someone asked me today if I am crazy.

Of course I am, did you not realize that by now ?!

I am totally insane, I am the madwoman lurking out there to get you, pin you down and ravage your brains and heart...

I am the one who engulfs, eats up, swallows, in her madness, the poor Jonas right into the belly of the whale...

Did you not know that about me until now ?

What a pity! And me who thought you were so smart, so sophisticated, so learned, so cultured, so experienced, so lucid, so sure of yourselves, so together and so sane.


One of the tragedies of modern times is that people have come to believe that something said by someone in the past, perhaps for illustrative or provocation purposes, actually represents that person's beliefs at the time.
Idries Shah