Tuesday 1 February 2011

Never A Dull Moment

I woke up thinking about dullness...No, actually, I woke up laughing because this song "bahebak ya hmar" (I love you ya Donkey) was still playing in my head, with particular reference to Arab men and Hosni.M of course. This song cracks me up. I love the humor in it, the double usage of words, the hidden meanings...
I suppose this is the power of Wit, of Humor.

So what has dullness got to do with it ? I'm not exactly sure about the what - maybe it's because being in this corner of the virtual world, I find myself surrounded with excessively dull people. With a few, rare exceptions, the dullness is so thick, it can be cut with a knife. I find it particularly so on Twitter, where I happen to interact with a sizable number of people. The dullness combined with a forever sense of urgency - you'd think it's the apocalypse. I suppose politics is a very dull enterprise, conducted by a bunch of heavy muffins.

Actually these same people tell me -- you come across as so mad -- I'd rather be mad than dull, really.

As for real life, I realized that those I consider to be good friends, have one thing in common, (apart from the fact that they deserve my friendship), they have a sense of humor, they are funny...I can't befriend dull people.

I remember this one person who on the surface I found interesting and thought it would be nice to get to know her better, so we met around 5 times, and I could not bring myself to like her much. Today I realize why - she was so fucking dull, in an intense kind of way.

I suppose living in a dull country, with a dull people make something for it. I have to work extra time, extra hard to find the hidden humor, waiting to be discovered and laughed off. This is one of the reasons I like writing satirical portraits, characters, I suppose am trying to infuse them with a little humor, a little life..

As for my life, is it dull ? Chaotic - Yes. Dull - No.