Tuesday 1 February 2011

Responsible.

Tonight I feel like tackling a nearly taboo subject "responsibility" - response-ability.

I feel it's a taboo subject, because everyone shuns responsibility....and when they don't, they do it grudgingly.

Being irresponsible is much easier...it takes no effort, none whatsoever. Easy way outs are for idiots. Because there is no easy way out. It all catches up with you in the end...

I personally never liked idiots. Stupidity and Idiocy bore me to death.

Being response-able, responsible, on the other hand, excites me...

It excites me because it demands of me to challenge myself, it demands of me to stand firm, it demands of me to push my own limits, or what I believe to be my limits..

Being responsible is gratifying...for me it is.

It extracts from me something beyond myself...it tames me and reminds me of my duties not just my whims...

I personally have a tremendous dislike towards irresponsible people. I associate irresponsibility with cowardice, with easy way outs, with spinelessness...

I suppose being responsible also means the willingness to face things and not hide from them.

Responsibility takes much courage...and much dedication.

Responsibility entails, a priori, a set of ethics, regardless...it entails a sense of sacrifice of one's immediate comfort...

A going beyond the self...with Trust.