Friday 12 June 2009

On Qaddafi

I am not a fan of Qaddafi myself, the President of Libya, but I must admit that I find his eccentricities rather amusing and somewhat endearing...

I love the way he usually dresses with the traditional Libyan robe and I liked the way he looked with his pomp military outfit decorated with a zillion medals...next to plain, face lifted, mafiosi, Berlusconi.

Of course, one wonders how did Qaddafi earn all those medals to start with...but nevermind...I thought he looked very cool. I especially liked the picture of Omar Al-Mukhtar which he pinned on his chest...must have pissed, quite a few Italians, off...

I also saw a picture of him with a couple of Libyan female body guards instead of the usual hunks/male bodyguards with Ray Bans, who traditionally accompany all heads of states.

And I heard that he had a huge Arabic tent, set up for him, in the middle of some famous garden in Rome...

I like it. I definitely like it.