Sunday 6 September 2009

A Promise to Self.

In the past, I used to write with an "educational" intention, hoping to provide through my writings, however imperfect they may be, some form of educational material, information, bits of history...and the rest, so that people, that anonymous mass called people, learn through them, and maybe start a process within themselves to wash away the indoctrination they have been subjected to...

This was grosso modo my intention, punctuated with soul cries that would explode every now and then in the face of indifference, ignorance, stupidity, hypocrisy and bad faith...

So bearing in mind the anonymous reader out there, I have always tried to keep it simple, easily accessible, and at times I found myself with very complex subject matters that could not be condensed in a short blog post, yet I tried and tried very hard to render it comprehensible without forfeiting the complexities and the nuances...

At other times, I spoke through symbols which in most instances were taken literally, with no reflection on the part of the reader, gulped down like some fast self stirred instant drink...

I finally realized that I am in fact dealing in the majority of the cases with very idiotic, stupid, myopic, ignorant, uncultured, people out there...

I am in fact dealing with a mass. An amorphous mass that is basically deaf, dumb and blind. And which no amount of writing, exposing, or explaining will change...

I realized I was dealing with people who had no fucking clue about anything, about nothing at all. And that no amount of writing will affect or change.

A bunch of intellectually backward, self important, ignorant mass...

From today onwards, I solemnly promise myself, that I will only write to myself.