Tuesday 26 January 2010

Portraits.1 - General.

Portraits...this is what I want to paint, this is what I need to brush on these pages...

Portraits keep me grounded in the here and now, in the simple, day to day life...some are uncomplicated ones, or appear to be so, some are more complex or appear to be so...

I am hoping this will be a series of posts, I give no promises...they are people I have met in my life, some belong to the past, some are still very much here in the present...

I want to write about them and I shall write about them in either the past tense even if they are still in my life today or in the present tense even if they are out of my life...or in whatever tense I prefer, giving them life in the present or just relegating them to a spot in the past.

There are no rules as to how I will approach them. Bottom line they are still alive, in my head...so if they are dead, or belong to some distant past, they surely can be resurrected and if they are alive, surely they can be made dead too...

Past and Present are dancing together, right here, right now...