Monday 14 February 2011

Pictures...

Been promising a friend some pictures...now I hate, loathe pictures. Ever since I was a kid I'd shun the camera. Whatever the occasion - birthday parties, school graduation, playtime, anything...as long as no one took a photo of me.

This started around the age of 4 or so...I hardly have photo albums, but I did collect some old pictures that were kind of forced upon me, that I stacked in a small carton box, gathering dust.

And now that I have finally acquired my smart ass phone, I have been amusing myself taking pictures...and some of them are photos of myself.

Not only that, I am also taking pictures of pictures, of my old self, the few photos I have of my old self, going back to my teenage years...

When juxtaposing all of these pictures chronologically, I can't believe what I am witnessing...

The changes in me during those past 8 years in comparison to before, have taken me aback.

Well obviously there is the natural 8 years aging process, this I can't stop, but this is not what captured my attention most...what captured my attention most is something in my eyes...something died in my eyes...and that same something that died reflects itself on my whole face...

Something broke inside of me, there is no doubt about it...

Oh God, how to make it whole again ?!