Tuesday 21 April 2009

Love on the Rocks...

I heard that song play today...Gosh, it brought back some memories. The first time I heard it was in Baghdad, seems like ages ago.

My relative H. a real hunk of a guy, very handsome, cocky and too vain for my taste, woke up one morning to find a cassette of this song deposited at his door step.

When I passed by that evening, I saw H. sitting in a corner of the living room holding a glass of whiskey, looking solemn, to say the least.

I understood from his mother, that his then "love of his life" S. caught him in his own game. She said nothing. She just left him this song at his door step. He never heard from her since...

I saw H. not too long ago and by "concidence" this song was playing on the radio - we happen to listen to the same radio station, the nostalgia one. I could have sworn I saw H. gorgeous eyes turn misty...

I thought to myself -- tough buddy, you let a good thing go, now, cry alone.

Messing with a woman's heart is a very rocky thing indeed.