Monday 22 March 2010

Another Flop...

I really should write a book about Dating Etiquette...for the majority of "men", are either too stupid, too clueless or too self absorbed when it comes to "dating"...actually it is a mixture of the 3 and what a deadly mixture it is...

Another date, another flop...

I accepted to go out with S for a drink...I knew that S was "interested" and I had met him through Lama's group, because here everyone has a "group"...it's all so groupie...I don't really know S, I just met S a couple of times in the "group", he happened to be an OK guy, wonder of wonders --  until I met him this evening, alone...

It started off fine...nothing wow but fine...pleasant...not more..I don't know what it is but men always, I mean always have to talk to me of their ex on a first date...and alas S was no exception...

And he went on and on and on and on....about her...how they met, where they went, what she liked, what she disliked, why and how it ended, and on and on and on....

He reminded me of some other jerk who went to great length recounting on a first date how he stood in the rain, waiting for her and she never showed up, and how he caught a cold, and his fever went up the following day,  and he reminded me of yet another jerk, again on a first date who went into details about the kind of lingerie she liked and where the best shops were, and he reminded me of yet another jerk who on a first date went into the most monotonous details of his honeymoon...and on and on and on...

Hell, I did not ask for any of it...I did not even broach the subject on any of those occasions but Misters felt the need to "open up " and S was no exception -- he too had to let his hair down from the word go...at one point I felt the need to hand him a couple of tissues...the guy was about to cry..I mean what was he expecting, a hug and tell him everything is going to be fine ?!

I mean seriously guys, if you're still so hung up about your ex --do us all a favor, go to therapy, or get back with her, but there is nothing, I mean nothing more off putting than a guy monopolizing a whole evening with me, me, me....her, her, her

This jerk asked me out - the least he can do is have a civil conversation WITH me and not about her...I could not care less about his EX, and if a man asks a woman out, one assumes he got over his ex to the extent that she is no longer a topic of conversation on a first date. Conversation is too much of a word...more like a topic of a monologue...What a  fucking boring uninteresting dickhead !

At one point, I switched off, I thought of what next recipe I should blog about, and that novel am about to finish reading, I wonder how it will end..what clothes should  I wear tomorrow, should I bring out my summer clothes?  nah maybe it's too soon... and that damn list of pending things...will he notice if I get my little notepad out and jot down a few ideas for my next work of fiction ? and the appointments - I really don't   want to forget those and oh that grocery list that I've been putting off...mental note to self - make sure to add  detergent to the list, totally forgot about  detergent and cotton buds, don't forget cotton buds...yeah I'll do that first thing tomorrow morning...if I can squeeze in one hour for manicure pedicure that would be great too...and don't forget to call R in Baghdad and tell him about the medication he asked for... yes am sure I can squeeze in all of that before noon...

Hmm...oh yeah, really, hmm...no thanks, am fine with drinks...yes... you were saying ....yes, yes, of course...how could she...

oh and Lama's birthday is coming up...I should think of getting her a little something too, maybe a CD, I wonder what kind of music she's into these days...I'll figure it out, will call Mona and ask her...yeah that's a great idea....

I hope am not boring you with all of this...(that said after 1 hour and 47mn - I timed it, been looking at my watch like every 5 mn), you look rather tired  ( tired is an understatement, am bored out of my wits and can't wait to tell you good bye for ever)

Yeah, I have an early day tomorrow....(thank you Lord, thank you -- it's about to end)

We must do it again  (no fucking way, you must be dreaming...) I had a nice time (speak for yourself mate) I hope maybe...like...you know, end of the week perhaps ? ( not over my dead body)

End of the week ? ah, em, eh, no not possible, I might be emigrating...well I have plans for emigrating...you know, it's all touch and go...

You're emigrating at the end of the week ?!

em, err, uh, well,  yes, kind of ...but do call me, it would be so wonderful to hear from you again...and thanks for the drinks...

Aahhh heaven -  it's all over ! Heaven, heaven, heaven...