Monday 14 March 2011

On Marriage...

Please bear with me, am in the mood of writing...

No forget that. I need not your approval. This is my blog and I do what I like with my pages.
Surely, I don't need your approval to broach the subject of marriage.

I know, I know, you like to think you have risen above that, you like to think that it's an outdated institution, you like to think that your cheap verbal commitments that are not worth a dime will make up for it...

Well guess what ? I don't buy any of it.

I don' buy any of it because you have gone against nature...and anything that goes against nature is no longer credible in my eyes.

What do I mean by that ?

I mean that marriage is a natural institution. I don't really care about your leftist theories, your Das Capital, and the rest...Am a woman and am telling you, women aspire to marriage.

OK now let's define what marriage is, because there are different definitions of it, depending on where you are at.

Marriage for me is not - wedding bells, white dresses, ceremonies, the solitaire ring, banquets, receptions and invitation cards...am not into all that shit. This is your definition of marriage, this is commercialized marriage, this is the wedding event.

Am not talking about this kind of marriage at all.

Am talking of a different kind of marriage altogether, am talking of the union of two souls.

That does not necessitate all your shit. All this senseless, waste of time and money circus...

OK granted it may be a special day when two souls are to be united...but two souls don't need all that stage comedy to convince themselves of their union. Souls are souls...they are not consumer products to impress.

Real Union comes in simplicity and in sincerity, it does not need all this adornment. It does not need proof, it does not need an impressive evidence...it does not need all this paper work, all this stress, all this angst, all this crap...

Marriage is a quiet, matter of fact union that necessitates a simple ritual of passage...

A ritual of passage from one state to another...that's all.

And as the Prophet Mohammed said - Make things easy and make them simple.