Monday 14 March 2011

Praising The Iraqi Woman.

Every now and then I like to praise the Iraqi woman.

I like to praise my female ancestors, my grandmother, my mother...
Every now and then I like to praise you.
I like to praise you because no one else does.
I like to praise you because you have been shelved into forgetfulness.
I like to praise you because you have given me Life.
I like to praise you because you are so different, even though you don't appear so.
I like to praise you because you are so strong, so loyal, so resilient.
I like to praise you because I know what is inside of you.
I like to praise you because you are beautiful.
I like to praise your beauty, your natural beauty, the beauty of your expression, the beauty of your tears, the beauty of your smile...
I like to praise you because you have witnessed what no other woman has witnessed.
I like to praise you for your strength, your faith, your patience, your love.
I like to praise you because you deserve it, you merit it, you are worth it a hundred times over.
Because you are worth it more than all the women in the world.
I like to praise you because you are me and I am you.